Here’s why – web apps constantly get updated, links, text, etc change. Documentation does not.
Here’s an example – I want to edit an incoming webhook for Slack. Here’s the documentation:
This mentions Set up Incoming Webhooks but does not mention Editing Webhooks. Let’s try and edit it using the instructions on this page.
- step 5 says: Use your Incoming Webhook URL to post a message to Slack and links to: https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks#posting_with_webhooks
- step 2 says:(if you are using an existing app, just load its settings via the Your Apps page). This links to: https://api.slack.com/apps
- which has a blank page saying Create an App. At the bottom it says “Don’t see an app you’re looking for? Sign into another workspace” – clicking that says: You’re already signed in to this workspace – and lists the workspace
- going back the left menu says: Incoming webhooks – https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks which takes you back to step 1
- Fortunately I’d bookmarked the page to edit the Incoming Webhook – it was https://<org>.slack.com/services/<9 letter code>
- I hoped I could get to it from https://<org>.slack.com/services/ but this redirects you back to https://<org>.slack.com/apps/manage which lists apps, custom integrations
I have no idea how you actually get to the webhook you’re looking for.