When a printer says it prints 32 pages per minute I laugh.
My HP Deskjet 2630 currently seems to take around 1 page per hour.
Here’s how I work it out:
- switch printer on
- plug it in
- print a document
- try and fix:
- printer is offline messages
- switch printer back on when it’s switched itself off
- check 128 page manual to see if a flashing power button means it’s now switched on or not
- feed paper in
- remove ‘cos printer is now showing a yellow flashing light and not printing
- figure out how to switch printer off and on (pressing the Power button doesn’t do anything. Nor does keeping your finger on it. Finally I pull out the power cord and replace)
- fix the paper alignment message which is showing in the Printer dialog box (turns out I just need to switch the printer off and on again)
- try and work out why printer dialog box is stuck at Printing page 1, 11% complete
- switch printer off and on again
- fix the “Printer is in Error” message
I’m now at around 1.5 pages printed.
0.5 ‘cos 1 page errored out half way through.